Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stolen Moments

I lay helplessly on the lonely road, blood gushing out
From where the mugger’s sharp blade left a deep wide hole.
As my life drains second by second
And my spirit leaves the body bit by bit,
Angel of Death appears before me to strike one last bargain.
I need to give him the happiest moments of my life
And in turn he will give me more time on earth
A few seconds from here and a few minutes from there
Can make up a few more hours of my life
Till some stranger finds me and call 911.
The more I give, the more I would receive
But my life will not be the same
With those memories gone, my past altered,
The future, a complete darkness.
But then, what’s the single thing in life that comes risk-free?


As the pool of blood widens, as the pain intensifies
The desire to live grows from every vein, every nerve, every muscle
He is asking for the day when I as a 12-year-old, got my Labrador,
The time that I passed my driving test and my parents gifted me the old volkswagen
The day of my graduation, my first book publication,
The time I spent with the best of my friends
That moment I saw Her for the first time,
Every second we spent together; making love, making war, then making up.
The moment when I proposed to her and she said ‘Yes’
My first son’s birth, his first step, his first tooth, his first word
Then the arrival of the second son and his “first”s.


I barely manage to whisper a No.

No comments:

Post a Comment