Monday, January 17, 2011

Liberation

I saw a dead man today
Lying on the pavement
Blood spattered across his face
Invisible to the world while alive
Has now become the center of attraction
With the audience sighing of an untimely death
Cursing of an inhumane act
Admiring a man who had worked hard
To provide bread and butter
To the little ones at home
Is it only me who sees the peace behind the emptiness in his eyes?
The joy of liberation from suffering
But I wonder how many times he would have to return to this material world
Before he can really be free.............

2 comments:

  1. I saw a silent man today,
    In a monastery I passed by,
    With an ever-present calm lined across his face,
    Quite invisible to the world,
    Though he is very much alive.
    Never the centre of any attention,
    No admirers or followers to praise his ways.
    There are people around him,
    But they only bicker and complain away,
    Unaware of a wisdom only he perceives,
    Free from the worldly bonds and wounds,
    They yearn for and despise.
    I wish for a moment that I could feel,
    The same peace I see in his eyes
    Deep in meditation, he is here, yet not among us,
    For he will be free of this material world,
    Many lifetimes before us all..

    (I had to mirror your piece. You inspired me, great job! Hope you keep this up.)

    ReplyDelete